During the last two decades many patterns, pattern languages, and case studies describing their successful application have been published in a number of different disciplines.
The world conference PURPLSOC is intended to stimulate the attention for pattern related work, both in the scientific community and the wider public, by showing its broad applicability and richness and bringing application/best practice examples from outside the scientific community into Research.
Following a very succesful PURPLSOC 2015, the world conference #PURPLSOC2017 will be hosted by Danube University Krems from October 19th to 21st 2017. PURPLSOC is planned to take place every two years on an alternating basis with the International PUARL Conference at the University of Oregon in Portland.
PURPLSOC provides a forum for researchers from a variety of fields as well as the broader audience to come together and discuss topics such as:
- Architecture, Urbanism and Regional Development
- Design, Media, Arts & IT
- Pedagogy, Education and Learning
- Social Activism, Social Innovation and Grassroots Movement
- Everyday Applications and Additional Disciplines
- Hava a look at the Call for Papers/Contributions
- Contributions will be published in the PURPLSOC book series
- Registration will soon be opened here. Fellowships for students will be available.
- Subscribe to the Newsletter for updates.
- Have a look a the Media page for more material
- Artemis Anniou
- Peter Baumgartner
- Tina Gruber-Mücke
- Takashi Iba
- Susan Ingham
- Helmut Leitner
- Hajo Neis
- Anna Pinto
- Richard Sickinger
- Wolfgang Stark